San Fernando Valley
Simi Valley, Ventura County, A/V, Los Angeles, areas upon request for groups
Course Description Details and Objectives
- Anatomy: basic anatomy including the heart, valves, blood vessels, conduction system
- Electrophysiology: depolarization and repolarization
- ECG-complexes: P wave, PQ interval, QRS complex, ST segment, T wave, J point
- Leads and electrodes: Definitions, electrical principles, lead placement
- Electrical axis of the heart: Variants, clinical relevance, determination of the electrical heart axis
- Determination of rate: Determination of bradycardia, tachycardia, regular and irregular rhythm
- Bundle branch blocks: LBBB, RBBB, incomplete block, effect on heart axis, ECG criteria
- Premature complexes: Premature atrial, junctional and ventricular complexes, ventricular multigeminy
- Ventricular complexes: Ventricular escape complexes, run of PVC’s, sustained/non-sustained VT
- Rhythm analysis: Sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, VT, torsades de pointes, VF, blocks
- Ischemia and infarction: Q waves, T wave abnormalities, R progression, STT abnormalities
This course begins with a discussion of the physiology of cardiac conduction, and then covers the basics of how to read an ECG strip, and the normal components of the EKG waveform. We will then examine basic cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular dysrhythmias, and blocks. Finally, selected nursing diagnoses for patients with dysrhythmias will be offered, along with suggested associated nursing interventions.
Upon completion of this program the student should be able to:
- Identify basic normal EKG waveform morphology
- Describe the normal physiology of cardiac conduction.
- Distinguish between dysrhythmias
- Describe the physiological consequences and treatments of these dysrhythmias
A: You will receive your certificate upon course completion (if paid by check, your certificate will be mailed or ready for pick up after 3 days).
(not Registered for any other courses)
$120 each – Group of 3 – 5 (your group)
$110 each – Group of 6 – 8 (your group)
$100 each – Group of 9 or more (your group)
$20 discount from each subsequent course(s) when registered within one month.
BLS/CPR and NRP is not applicable with this offer
All discounts will be applied on the day of class
Marian, RN, BN, CEN, CFRN, CCRN, CTRNhas been a Registered Nurse for over 40 years and has experience as an educator for over 30 years. Her experience includes Alert 3 Medical, International Flight and Critical Care Transport, ICU, CCU, ED, management, program development and providing education for physicians, paramedics, nurses, and other health care providers. She is very well known and respected throughout the health care community while currently teaching ACLS, PALS, 12-Lead ECG courses, Pre-Hospital Trauma Certification, TNCC, ENPC and a variety of other courses.
Contact us to request a class date